Gesegnete Weihnachten und ein glückliches neues Jahr! A blessed Christmas and a Happy New Year!
Es ist Weihnachten. Experience the magic of a Hill Country Christmas in Fredericksburg, Texas! ART, MUSIC, GERMAN HERITAGE, TEXAS WINE! We invite you to spend a COLORFUL, CULTURAL... JOYOUS weekend in Fredericksburg, Texas during the holiday season! Celebrate TRADITION!
November 28, 2014 - January 4, 2015 "Eisbahn" (ice rink in German) returns to Marktplatz in downtown Fredericksburg, Texas, for the 10th year. Enjoy outdoor ice-skating on real ice in the Texas Hill Country! Open daily from the Friday after Thanksgiving through the New Years' weekend.
Saturdays 10 am - 10 pm.
Sundays 1 pm - 8 pm.
Monday - Friday before Christmas break: 4 pm - 8 pm,
10pm on Fridays
Monday - Friday during Christmas break: 10 am to 10 pm
Open Christmas Eve Day 10 am to 2 pm
Closed Christmas Day
Open New Years Eve and New Years Day
For more information visit: www.skateinfred.com
- Thursday, December 04, 2014, at 5:30pm, "Ladies Gingerbread House Decorating Party", A special event offered by Ambleside School of Fredericksburg as part of the annual Fall Fundraiser. For the 4th consecutive year, the school is offering fresh-baked gingerbread house kits for $20.00 each. This year, in addition to selling kits, Ambleside is offering special events, including a decorating party just for the ladies. Space is limited... RSVP now at firstname.lastname@example.org
- December 5, 2014, Light the Night Christmas Parade and Afterglow
Afterglow, a family celebration including Christmas shopping, local food and drink, and children’s activities from 3 pm - 10 pm at Marktplatz.
Lighted Night Parade on Main Street at 6:30 pm.
Amazing Christmas Parade down Main Street! More than 100 Christmas-themed floats, all aglow with lights and laughter, make their way down Main Street in historic Fredericksburg, Texas! Beautiful and Inspirational, the “Lighted Night Parade" begins right after sunset! Come share the Season with our community… you will FEEL the GLOW! Bleacher seating is available, and tickets may be purchased at the Fredericksburg Chamber of Commerce, 830.997.6523. A magical Laser light show will follow the parade. www.lightthenightchristmasparade.com
- December 5 - 21st, 2014 Holiday Wine Trail Tis the SEASON to be JOLLY… a chill in the air, the hustle and bustle, baking, wrapping, fireplaces, and TEXAS WINE! Hill Country Vineyards and tasting rooms are decorated for the season, Christmas Wine is warming… Have Some Holiday Wine Fun, Texas Style! Enjoy Christmas Caroling, Delicious Treats, a Warm Fireside and a Glass of your favorite Texas Wine! www.texaswinetrail.com
- Decrmber. 5, 2014 at 7:30 pm, The Fredericksburg Theater Company presents “Classic Christmas Cinema”, A Musical Celebration of the Holiday Season followed by a timeless holiday film. FTC will open their lobby doors at 7:00 pm, serving seasonal refreshments... cocoa, wassail and cookies. At 7:30 pm several local performers will present an evening of carols and cheer. At 8:00pm the evening's feature film will begin. This year FTC is excited to present the 1954 movie White Christmas starring Bing Crosby and Danny Kaye. This is the 60th anniversary of White Christmas and the film is a real treat! All the songs are from the Irving Berlin songbook and performed by legendary entertainers Bing Crosby, Danny Kaye, Rosemary Clooney and Vera-Ellen." Tickets may be purchased by calling 830-997-3588 or online at www.fredericksburgtheater.org
- Friday, December 12th and Saturday, December 13th at 6pm - 8:30pm. The Bethany Lutheran Church Christmas Journey, "Oh Holy Night" Every year at Christmas time, Bethany Lutheran Church displays their love of the journey of Jesus Christ by sharing a drive-through-live presentation with stories of Jesus told in nine different scenes along a lighted trail. With numerous volunteer actors, animals and construction crew, this production has become a popular attraction in Fredericksburg during the Christmas season. A complimentary hay ride on a trailer is also available for large groups or for those visitors just walking by without a car. The car line forms north of the church on Schubert St. and turns south to the entrance on Adams St. Come, behold the beauty! Behold the Christmas Journey and have a Merry Christmas! www.bethanyfredericksburg.com
- December 13, 2014, Pioneer Museum’s 7th Tannenbaum Ball! CELEBRATE the SEASON with an evening of diniing, dancing and holiday cheer! August E's, a Local Chef-owned restaurant, will prepare an outstanding Holiday Feast and an open bar will be available throughout the evening. Back by popular demand are The Flying GT's "get up and dance" musical revue. Live and silent auctions offer opportunities for Holiday Shopping and the Tannenbaum Ball Prize Drawing winner will be selected. www.pioneermuseum.net
- December 20, 2014, Luckenbach Christmas Ball with Gary P Nunn, at 9:00pm! Waltz on out to Luckenbach for some REAL TEXAS Holiday Fun and Christmas-time Boot Scootin’ in the Historic Dance Hall! www.luckenbachtexas.com
- December 21, 2014 at 6 pm, 45th Annual LBJ Tree Lighting at the Lyndon B. Johnson State Park and Historic Site. A memorable family event begun by President and Mrs Johnson 45 years ago. experience an evening of Texas Hill Country Holiday Heritage and continue the legacy of Lyndon B. Johnson and his family. www.tpwd.state.tx.us/state-parks/lyndon-b-johnson
- December 26, 2014, 10am - 5pm Becker Vineyards Presents “Boxing Day” and Dr. Becker’s reading of “A Christmas Carol” fireside an annual TRADITION at the winery. Boxing Day is a secular holiday that is celebrated in the UK, Ireland and Canada on the day after Christmas. Whatever the origins, Boxing Day is a completely secular holiday. It's an occasion for visiting with friends, taking brisk walks out of doors, eating leftovers and being "Silly"! There are swims and dips in the icy waters of the British Channel (often in full formal attire), Rubber Ducky Races, faux fox hunts and hearty MERRIMAKING! You're invited to join the fun at Becker Vineyards for a Boxing Day Celebration! Enjoy Holiday Hors d'oeuvres, Yuletide Music, and a reading of Charles Dickens "A Christmas Carol" fireside. And, of course, there will plenty of Wine Tasting and Cellar Tours. Becker Vineyards is located 11 miles east of Fredericksburg. www.beckervineyards.com
- December 26th, Celebrate the "Second Day of Christmas - Zweite Weihnachten" with the Fredericksburg German Club from 2:00 - 5:00pm!
"ENJOYING TRADITION, PRESERVING HISTORY"! This CELEBRATION of fellowship is held in the Gillespie County Historical Society’s Social Hall at 312 West San Antonio Street, from 2:00pm - 5:00pm. Visitors are always WELCOME! Enjoy Stollen and Glühwein and Christmas Carols sung in German!
- December 26th, Becker Vineyards' Boxing Day Celebration, an annual TRADITION at the winery. Boxing Day is a secular holiday that is celebrated in the UK, Ireland and Canada on the day after Christmas. Whatever the origins, Boxing Day is a completely secular holiday. It's an occasion for visiting with friends, taking brisk walks out of doors, eating leftovers and being "Silly"! There are swims and dips in the icy waters of the British Channel (often in full formal attire), Rubber Ducky Races, faux fox hunts and hearty MERRIMAKING! You're invited to join the fun at Becker Vineyards for a Boxing Day Celebration! Enjoy Holiday Hors d'oeuvres, Yuletide Music, and a reading of Charles Dickens "A Christmas Carol" fireside. And, of course, there will plenty of Wine Tasting and Cellar Tours. Becker Vineyards is located 11 miles east of Fredericksburg. For information and driving directions visit: www.beckervineyards.com
- December 26 - January 3, 2015, The 2014 Auslander Winter Music Festival
For schedule and to purchase tickets online visit: www.theauslander.com
- December 27th, Reserve the Date! Hill Top Dinner Concert Series welcomes the immensely talented Carper Family. "This three woman group performs in a traditional acoustic style, and their repertoire combines great country tunes with truly excellent original material… Each possesses a distinctive voice, and their three-part harmonies blend sweet-and-smooth with honky tonk for a gorgeous sound." - Gary Martensen (Texas Swing Kings). Enjoy a four coarse meal and some of the finest live music Texas has to offer! Reservations Please! 830-997-8922 or visit www.hilltopcafe.com
- December 27 - 31, 2012 Rockbox Theater Presents "Rockin' in the New Year!" for kids and grown-ups who want to be! Rockbox Theater invites you to SEVEN SHOWTIMES to celebrate the New Year!! www.rockboxtheater.com
- December 29, 2012 Luckenbach Texas Saturday Night Dance Hall Show, Eleven Hundred Springs returns to Luckenbach! Thomas Michael Riley opens the show. Bring your family and friends..it's gonna be a barn burner! LET THE GOOD TIMES ROLL! Tickets at www.luckenbachtexas.com
- December 29th, New Year Celebration - Supper Club and Warm Up at Vaudeville! Experience a Five Course Holiday degustation menu created by Chef Jordan Muraglia. Menu $95 per person, Wine Pairing available $55 per person. Reservation required, One seating at 7pm, please allow 3 hours for dining. POST DINNER EVENT - Join us later for a New Year's Warm Up with Cocktails and Music. Doors will open at 10pm for the non-dining guests. Champagne will be flowing! www.vaudeville-living.com
- December 30th Hondo's on Main Presents Thomas Michael Riley's Annual New Year's Eve, Eve Extravaganza! 8 - 11:30 www.hondosonmain.com
- Ein glückliches neues Jahr! Happy New Year 2013!
- New Years Eve in Luckenbach with Thomas Michael Riley! Tickets include Champagne Toast, Breakfast tacos, Black Eyed Peas and party Favors. LIMITED, reserved seating for this event. Dance starts at 8pm. Shuttle Service from Fredericksburg 7pm - 9pm | To Fredericksburg 11:45pm - 1am. This event sells out quickly, please purchase tickets in advance online. www.luckenbachtexas.com
- New Year's Eve Party at Historic Pat's Hall
2 TEXAS STARS - music by JOHNNY BUSH, Dinner by DON STRANGE of TEXAS! This could be one of the best New Year's Eve Celebrations ever! Johnny Bush and his band will perform from 8 to midnight. But Don Strange of Texas will open their various food stations beginning at 7 p.m. Here's the menu from Don Strange of Texas: Mesquite Grilled Beef Tenderloin with Jalapeno Bearnaise Sauce presented with Homemade Parker House Rolls, Grilled and Chilled Seasonal Vegetables, Texas Caesar Salad, Gorditas, Avocado Halves with a choice of fillings, Rosemary and Garlic Mashed Potatoes with toppers, plus a special New Year's Eve Dessert Station, featuring brownies, cupcakes cookies, white chocolate trail mix and vanilla bean panna cotta with strawberries. Is your mouth watering? Call the Pat's Hall office if you want to purchase a table for your friends. We are limiting this to 250 tickets -- so there's plenty of room and food for everyone! 7:00pm - 12:30am, doors open at 6:30pm. For more information and to purchase tickets online visit www.patshall.com
- New Years Eve at CROSSROADS SALOON and STEAKHOUSE!
You owe it to yourself to Welcome 2013 in STYLE! Crossroads Saloon and Steakhouse is New Years Eve Party Central in The Texas Hill Country!
All inclusive celebration includes a fabulous Crossroads meal and entertainment by a Crossroads favorite, “Freeride”. You're going to love this band! Steakhouse Seatings: 6:00 PM - 8:40 PM. Reservations Required! Downbeat for Freeride 9:00 PM. See you at the CROSSROADS! Reservations and Tickets at www.crossroads-texas.com
- New Year's Eve at Hondo's On Main! This IS one FUN RAISING Party! Music by the Dust Devils! Welcome 2013 with a GREAT PARTY! GREAT FRIENDS! GREAT MUSIC! Cheers! www.hondosonmain.com
- December 31, 2012 New Year’s Eve Party at Messina Hof Hill Country!
Toast the New Year with Messina Hof! Appetizers! Wine! Party favors! A sparkling wine toast at midnight! Enjoy a night of fun and dancing! Music by the Mike Kasberg Quartet. For Reservations and to buy tickets online: www.messinahof.com/mhhillcountry
- NYE 2013 at Hill Top Cafe - 4 Courses of Hill Top Culinary Magic and Music by Johnny Nicholas and Hell Bent, featuring Cindy Cashdollar, Scrappy Jud Newcomb, Bruce Hughes and John Chipman PLUS special guest Billy Burdett! 2 Seatings. For Reservations call 830.997.8922 or visit www.hilltopcafe.com
- New Year's Eve Party at Riven Rock Ranch, Comfort, Texas
We're eagerly anticipating our annual gourmet dinner and dance on New Year's Eve! Once again, "The Grateful Geezers" will be providing wonderful music to help us celebrate the arrival of the New Year. The fun begins at 8pm and the party will be over at 12:30, January 1, 2013.
Reservations Required… included: fabulous gourmet dinner, music, dancing, party favors and a complimentary glass of champaign at midnight.
New Year's Eve MENU
Grape and Goat Cheese Stuffed Prosciutto - red grapes and herbed whipped goat cheese wrapped in prosciutto, served on Austrian water cracker round. Oysters Texas - gulf oyster shooters topped with Texas enchanted rock vodka cocktail sauce. Mongolian Shrimp - grilled large brown Texas gulf shrimp marinated in black bean, soy and sesame served over confetti radish salad
SOUP or SALAD Served with freshly baked bread and whipped butter
Pomegranate Pistachio Salad - arugula leaves, toasted pistachios, orange segments, goat cheese, julienne red onion and pomegranate seeds tossed in honey, orange, pistachio and rice wine vinaigrette
Shrimp Bisque - Texas brown gulf shrimp in creamy sherry broth scented with garlic, shallots, celery and roasted organic tomato
PLATED ENTREE (choice of one)
Beef Tenderloin - sea salt-crusted naturally raised certified Angus beef tenderloin served medium rare to medium with red onion and Singing Water red wine marmalade accompanied with sweet cream whipped potatoes and Texas caviar, OR...
Fresh Fish - fresh seasonally available fish topped with blue crab and pecan brown butter sauce accompanied with wild rice pilaf and Texas caviar
DESSERT and COFFEE BAR
Jack Frost Dessert Station: Italian crème iced red velvet cup cakes, white chocolate peppermint bark, coconut pecan cookies and eggnog cheesecake bars with ginger snap cookie crust
For information and to make reservations online visit: www.rivenrockranch.com
- Happy New Year from ALL the Wineries along Wine Road 290! Come experience the second most visited wine region in the United States! The countryside is reminiscent of the wine growing regions of central Italy and the Rhone Valley in France. Our Fredericksburg Wine Road 290 is a association of ten Texas wineries along State Highway 290 on either side of Fredericksburg, Texas. The wine, ambiance and experience at each winery is unique and affords visitors a perfect wine getaway. Two days provide ample time to stop by all member wineries, sample wines and enjoy the vines and vistas! In addition to the ongoing activities at each winery the Wine Road 290 wineries sponsor shared events which can be viewed online at: www.wineroad290.com
- January 1, 2013 New Year's Day 7th Annual Blackeyed Pea and Cornbread Cookoff! at Torre di Pietra Winery!
If eaten on the first day of the year, a dish of black eyed peas is a New Year's tradition believed to bring luck and prosperity for the coming year.
Join the festivities at Torre di Pietra for a Southern-style cookoff and Jam Session with music by THE ALMOST PATSY CLINE BAND.
Event Time: 10am - 6pm | Jam Session with Almost Patsy Cline from 2 - 6pm. Black Eyed Pea Entry Fee $20 | Cornbread Entry Fee $20
$500 First Prize in each Category! Show us your BEST!
Ten miles east of Fredericksburg, Texas on US Hwy 290. For information and to download entry forms and contest rules visit www.blackeyedpeacookoff.com
- January 4, 2013 - Fredericksburg, Texas, First 2013 FIRST FRIDAY ARTWALK! Fredericksburg's fine art galleries invite you to Celebrate ART in the New Year! Come early! Stay late! Enjoy Art! For information on participating galleries, please visit: www.artwalkfbg.com
Gutes neues Jahr! HAPPY NEW YEAR!
"Weihnachten" is a quiet time in Germany. There is a stillness during the season of Advent as preparations are made for the coming of Christmas. Christmas Eve, the night of die Bescherung or gift-giving, brings families together, the Christmas tree, in all its glory, is seen by the children for the first time, and gifts from the Christ Child are opened. A wonderful holiday dinner is served and the Christmas Eve ends with a candlelight Midnight Mass that ushers in the Season of Christmas. The Advent Season ends and the Twelve Days of Christmas begin!
Creating a Holiday Picnic Basket
Custom Made by You and Your Holiday Hill Country Adventures!
Silent Night! HOLY Night! Fredericksburg, Texas, is a joyous, bustling place to be during the mid-winter holiday season! A flurry of holiday events bring inspiration and joy to this historic town in the heart of Texas Wine Country... you will always remember the beautiful lighted Christmas parade, the Christmas Markets, Special Music and Seasonal Theater productions! Marktplatz is ablaze with glorious lighting and the fabulous hand crafted German Pyramid is aglow... children's laughter rings from the Eisbahn outdoor skating rink, and shoppers scurry about on gift gathering odysseys. But on Christmas Eve and Christmas Day a PEACEFULNESS prevails... enjoy the amazing beauty of quiet, reflection.... time together with family and friends! You won't find many restaurants open, our wonderful HEB / Central Market closes at 8pm on Christmas Eve and the shops and galleries along Main Street are still. DISCOVER the BLISS of walking, at night, with millions of Christmas lights sparkling... it is an inspirational calm, "a spirit of remembering" the meaning of this Season of Joy and Goodwill!If you are planning to visit Fredericksburg, Texas, on Christmas Eve and Christmas Day you need to plan ahead! BRING the PICNIC BASKET!!!! Several fine dining restaurants serve dinner on Christmas Eve, but you won't find many restaurants open on Christmas Day and our wonderful HEB / Central Market closes at 8pm on Christmas Eve and will not reopen until the 26th!
- If you want to SAVOR Fredericksburg, Texas on Christmas Day you're going to have to build a HOLIDAY PICNIC BASKET starting Sunday morning! Be at Rebecca Rather's The Pink Pig at 10am (6266 East US HWY 290 | 830.990.8800) The Cheese and Bacon scones are INCREDIBLE, you'll want one for breakfast... and then you can begin filling your basket with the Pastry Queen's holiday cookies, cakes and pies! How about this BEAUTY in that basket!
- Filling a Holiday Picnic Basket! Since you're already on the Wine Road you should EXPLORE several Wine Markets for Artisan Cheeses, Crackers, Olives and other specialty foods! And, don't forget the WINE! Start at Pedernales Cellars, (2916 Upper Albert Road)! GIVE GOLD this Holiday Season! 2012 Albarino, 2010 Tempranillo Reserve, and 2012 Viognier, winner of Best in Texas at the Houston Live Stock Show and Rodeo!
- Torre Di Pietra Vineyards (10 miles east of Fredericksburg, Texas, at 10915 East US Hwy 290) offers Award Winning Wines made from Award Winning Texas Hill Country Grown Grapes. You will also want to grab some handcrafted CKC Artisan Goat Cheese... it's in the cooler in the tasting room... YUMMY! and PERFECT for picnic baskets! Try a jar or two of the seasoned FETA! It will light up your NEW YEAR! Locally grown, Locally crafted!
- We're out on the Wine Road 290 filling a Holiday Picnic Basket! Next stop.... Grape Creek Vineyards' Italian Picnic Market (10587 East US HWY 290) - select from cheeses, flatbread, salames, olives and other wine friendly foods. If you're looking for a little more "Texas" enjoy the southwestern-influenced dipping sauces and mustards. And, don't forget the AWARD winning WINE! Closing early on New Year's Eve (usually about 3:30 or 4pm). You can call to confirm at 830- 644-2710 to confirm time. www.grapecreek.com
- Every Picnic Basket needs some chocolate! When you're back in Fredericksburg head to the West Main Shopping District! Side by side are Chocolat and the Fredericksburg Winery! Wine and Chocolate! Now that's Texas Hill Country Cuisine!
- "Grab and Go" for a climb up Enchanted Rock, a Wine Road Tour, or a family gathering in the Hill Country! Fill your Holiday Picnic Basket with the wonderful culinary delights from Delicious Details! They offer Boxed Lunches and "Grab and Go"! Give them a call at 830-997-7879! You won't be disappointed... the presentation and FLAVORS will have you rejoicing! www.delicious-details.com/
- You COULD fill a Holiday Picnic Basket in one stop - you'll find Cheese, Olives, Bread, and an outstanding Wine List Lincoln Street Wine and Cigar Bar - Fredericksburg,TX located at 111 South Lincoln Street, Fredericksburg, Texas, 830-997-8463. Take a break, sit back in their comfortable tasting room and enjoy a TOAST to Texas Hill Country Holiday Cheer!
- Several stops to make on the "Holiday Picnic Basket" Sojourn... AND, THIS ONE IS VERY IMPORTANT! The The Peach Tree Tea Room and Gift Gallery (210 South Adams) offers delicious breads, spreads, cheese sticks, and Wedding Cookies made from the AMAZING recipes of the late Cynthia Collins Pedregon... She is the LOVE and inspiration behind the Peach Tree - Fredericksburg's first gift boutique! Step inside and you'll know why, after 40 years, it just gets better and better! More goodies for your Holiday Picnic Basket... from the The Peach Tree Tea Room. LUSCIOUS! Crunchy Cheese Sticks... my FAVORITE! Handmade in the kitchen at The Peach Tree Tea Room! Choose from an assortment of freshly created sandwich spreads... Pimento, Jalepeno Pimento, Chicken Salad and Tuna Salad! Made with care by The Peach Tree Tea Room! Every Picnic Basket needs a little salt! So Go Gourmet... you just can't believe how flavorful REAL salt can be!
Next Stop... Fredericksburg Brewing Co! Grab a GROWLER of handcrafted LOCAL Bier! How DELICIOUS your New Year's Day will be!245 East Main Street, 830-997-1646
- It's almost time to CELEBRATE the New Year... your Holiday Picnic Basket is filling up... but don't miss the exquisite delights that you'll find at Vaudeville (230 East Main Street). Their European-style, Gourmet Delicatessen is stocked with special holiday goodies for the bon vivant! Specialty Cheeses, Smoked Salmon, Black Truffles, House Made Chocolates, Caviar, Large Format Champagne for your NEW YEAR'S EVE CELEBRATION, and a curated selection of wines that perfectly fit the season.
- Your Fredericksburg, Texas, Holiday Picnic Basket won't be complete until you have added some choice selections from Opa's Smoked Meats! (410 South Washington) Indulge yourself with only the best. Prepared from prime cuts of beef, their TENDERLOIN is smoked and lightly peppered. Lean and tender, each delightful piece melts in your mouth. Ideal for upscale hors d’oeuvres and special dinner occasions, one bite and you’ll see why it’s truly habit forming. Fully cooked and ready to eat.
Two last stops and your FOOD Gathering for a New Year's Day picnic or scenic drive is done. First head back to the West Main District to the BEST Natural Food store in TEXAS... The Peach Basket Natural Foods (334 West Main Street)! Add the final touches to your Holiday Picnic Basket... healthy juices, chips, cheese, fresh salad greens... if you CHOOSE HEALTHY living, you will find everything you need right here. If there's anything that's lacking, something that you're craving, the Fredericksburg H-E-B / Central Market (407 South Adams Street) will have it! This has got to be one on the BEST groceries in the WORLD... lots of organic fruits and vegies, and the Central Market line of good-tasting-good-for-you-food! Also, a GREAT selection of organic dairy products... milk, cheese, butter and yoghurt! Bon Appetit!
Wishing you a VERY HAPPY and INSPIRATIONAL New Year! in Fredericksburg, Texas! May you find HOLIDAY BLISS in Texas Hill Country Culinaire!