Upcoming Events in Fredericksburg, Texas
Practice the ART of living! - Texas Hill Country Adventures!
FABULOUS FEBRUARY! VALENTINES 2015!
and... so much more - Celebrate ROMANCE in Fredericksburg, Texas!
Love is in the air! The beautiful Texas Hill Country is the perfect backdrop for a ROMANTIC Hill Country Adventure, and Fredericksburg, Texas, is the PERFECT place for lovers! Enjoy Romantic Accommodations, World-Class Restaurants, Quintessential Chocolate from Chocolat, a Sweethearts’ Massage, or an afternoon climb to the top of Enchanted Rock… so many Things to Do to make your Valentine's weekend ROMANTIC and SPECIAL!
This February fall in love with Fredericksburg, Texas! Whether you’re visiting with friends or surprising your Valentine, Fredericksburg, Texas, in the beautiful Texas Hill Country, is the place to spend the fabulous month of February! First Friday ArtWalk, Texas Hill Country Wine Lover's Trail, Valentine's Weekend, Wine Road 290 Rajin' Cajun... Pop the question while dining at Johnny Nicholas' Hill Top Cafe, August E's, Navajo Grill, Crossroads Saloon and Steakhouse... or, at the top of Enchanted Rock! Fredericksburg, Texas DELIVERS Romance! Practice the ART of Living! Come explore what Fredericksburg, Texas, has to offer: hotels, bed and breakfasts, restaurants, live music... perhaps a romantic horse drawn carriage ride through the iconic historic district, an afternoon of wine tasting on Wine Road 290, whatever your heart desires, let Fredericksburg Texas Online be your guide, as you plan your Texas Hill Country Adventure, Romantic Valentine's Stay, or weekend getaway in the FABULOUS month of February!
Experience VALENTINE’s in Historic Fredericksburg, Tx! Celebrate ROMANCE!
It's the SEASON for LOVE in the Texas Hill Country! Squeeze close! Make a toast and CELEBRATE together! Ein Prosit!! Fredericksburg is a BEAUTIFUL place to BE!
An incredible adventure awaits you! Soon you'll know why Fredericksburg Tx is one of the most popular getaways in Texas! So let us entice you! There's so much to do and see in our historic town! Fredericksburg Tx is nestled in the beautiful Hill Country of Texas; right in the heart of Wine Country, with a vibrant ART and LIVE MUSIC scene that will dazzle and inspire! Let us be your GUIDE to the TEXAS HILL COUNTRY ADVENTURES of your dreams. We take great pride in providing visitors with the TRAVEL INFORMATION necessary to plan a rich and exciting vacation or romantic weekend getaway. Get some BIG INSPIRATION! CELEBRATE the BEST things in LIFE... family and friends! The Hill Country's waiting for you! Fredericksburg has EVERYTHING you need for an exciting ADVENTURE filled stay in the beautiful TEXAS HILL COUNTRY!
- Fredericksburg, Texas, is a wonderful walking and bike riding town, especially during the holidays when homes are adorned with the fabulous lights and decorations of the holiday season. You can rent bikes at Hill Country Bicycle Works, but be sure to reserve them in advance, especially on weekends. Hill Country Bicycle Works also has maps and recommendations for rides in and around Fredericksburg and the surrounding Texas Hill Country!
- If you're a WINE lover the The Fredericksburg Wine Country Trail is the ultimate Texas Wine Tasting Experience! (Hint: make reservations with a Wine Tour Service... so you can relax and enjoy the company of your friends while discovering the NEW TEXAS GOLD!) Here's to more Texas Wine Adventures!
- Whenever possible buy locally grown and produced foods for your family's table. Nothing tastes as GOOD as FRESH! And... when you serve freshly harvested, vine ripened fruits and vegetables and grass-fed meats and poultry the nutritional content of the meals you prepare is significantly higher! If you’re a local or on vacation in the Texas Hill Country, the Fredericksburg Farmers Market is open seasonally for your enjoyment. It's a happening community event on Thursday afternoons from 4 - 7pm. The FALL MARKET begins Thursday, October 2nd, on the grounds of the Pioneer Museum located at 325 West Main Street. We look forward to seeing you, Rain or Shine!!! The opening bell rings at 4pm, the live music kicks, Chef Reymer is popping his EXCEPTIONAL hand crafted pizzas in the brick oven, Sunset Grill has Greek / Lamb sliders going (to die for! pastries and other grilled specials also), freshly roasted coffee is brewing, our guest chef is putting a fabulous tasting experience together at the chef's corner. You can make an evening of it... create an amazing localvore picnic surprise! Grab a loaf of freshly Baked Artisan Bread, some Hand Crafted Goat Cheese, a hot out of the oven pizza, a slider, a bottle of Texas Wine from our participating local wine partner... add some Vine Ripened Tomatoes, Peppers, and Fresh Cut Basil! DELICIOUS! You can make an evening of it. Do your shopping then create an amazing localvore picnic... find a place at a picnic table and listen to live music while you dine al fresco!
- Enchanted Rock is ENCHANTING any time of year, but the autumn and winter months are SPECTACULAR! Share the magical view from the TOP of the ROCK with your family and friends! Standing there in the clouds, looking out over the beauty blazing below, you'll instantly understand why it's called the "Enchanted" Rock! Be sure to call before you drive! The park sometimes fills to capacity on weekends during peak season and on holidays! Enchanted Rock is located 18 miles north of Fredericksburg on Ranch Road 965.
- DESTINATION LIVE MUSIC! Whatever genre soothes your soul, get's you out on the dance floor, or tapping your toes... Alternative, Blues, Classical, Country, Hip Hop, Rock 'n' Roll, Opera, R&B, Soul, World Music, Jazz, Latin, Pop, Americana, German, Folk, Bluegrass, Gospel, Big Band! We're making the MUSIC, you'll experience the Magic! If the Texas two step is your passion we have FOUR Historic Dance Halls! Pat's Hall, Luckenbach, Albert and Sisterdale, and right downtown, in the historic district, Rockbox Theater, Hondo's on Main, Crossroads Saloon and Steakhouse, Silvercreek and Auslander! So get ready for FABULOUS LIVE MUSIC that will get you up and jumping; out on the dancefloor, boot scootin'... the night away! Discover why Fredericksburg, Tx is THE Music Destination in the Texas Hill Country!
Luckenbach Texas, Hondo's on Main, Crossroads Saloon and Steakhouse and RockBox Theater ARE putting Fredericksburg, Texas, on the TEXAS LIVE MUSIC MAP! Fredericksburg might be a small town.... BUT! we have a BIG MUSIC and ART SCENE!
- Fort Martin Scott is located two miles southeast of Fredericksburg, Texas, on the banks of Barons Creek. It was the first U.S. military post established on the western frontier of Texas.
Today it is an historical treasure listed on the National Register of Historic Places.
The Fort Martin Scott Advisory Commitee and Fort Martin Scott Friends invite you to become a "GUARDIAN of the TEXAS FRONTIER"! Help us protect, preserve and honor the history, heritage and heroes of the Lone Star State.
BIG PLANS in the WORKS!
Currently, the new "Texas Rangers Heritage Center" is under construction next to Ft Martin Scott. When completed, Fredericksburg, Texas, will be home to a TOP "Living History" Attraction! Together the Fort and Heritage Center will provide an interactive, hands on opportunity to get up close and personal with the life and times of the early pioneers in the Texas Hill Country.
It's Your Fort, too! SUPPORT YOUR FORT!
Please, join us on Saturday, October 18th, from 6 - 9pm at Fort Martin Scott for the “Long Live The Fort" Gala. Enjoy a fabulous night of fine food and entertainment. After a catered feast of Smoked Salmon and Prime Rib, you will be treated to a "Living History" presentation in which Lieutenant Colonel Martin Scott tells the lively tale of his time at the Fort. Enjoy an educational and entertaining look at history... through drama and song! The show includes live music, a mounted Texas Ranger and the Fort Martin Scott Garrison military unit, complete with a firing of the canon and the passing of the Fort's Mantle of Stewardship.
To request an invitation and order tickets, contact City Communications Manager, Juli Bahlinger, at 830- 456-5084. www.ftmartinscott.org
- Make us TEXAS PROUD Garrison Brothers Distillery! In the 2014 Edition of Jim Murray's Whiskey Bible, the world's leading whiskey guide,"Cowboy Bourbon" from Garrison Brothers was named "The American Micro Whiskey of the Year!"
- The Bistro at Vaudeville Serving Gourmet All Day!
Friday and Saturday Late Night Menu
Monday, Wednesday and Thursday, 10am to 6pm
Fridays and Saturdays, 10am to 9pm
Sundays, 10am to 5pm
- V Supper Club at Vaudeville
Savor the exceptional at Vaudeville's "V" Supper Club... on Main Street in historic Fredericksburg, Texas!
Monday Night Gourmet, 6:30 - 9:30 pm
Experience a 3-course "prix fixe" menu created by Chef Jordan Muraglia. Haute cuisine!
Mangez bien, riez souvent, aimez beaucoup!
Weekend Supper Club
Friday Lunch from 11:00am - 3:00pm
Friday and Saturday Dinner 6 - 9:30pm
Weekend Gourmet V SUPPER CLUB
Friday and Saturday Dinner, 6:00 - 9:30
Table Seating - Main Level and Courtyard
Join us for a guided, culinary experience!
Entry-level tasting menu - Wine Pairing option available
Sunday Brunch, A New Tradition
Sundays, 11am - 3pm
Seating is limited and reservations are recommended at 830-992-3234, or
- Wine Enthusiast Magazine recently named the Texas Hill Country AVA, #3 on their list of Top Ten Wine Destinations in the WORLD! Raise your glass to the new TEXAS GOLD! TEXAS WINE!
- Luckenbach Texas was included in Southern Living Magazine's Texas Special Travel Selection: 40 Things Every Southerner Should Do! Read the Article >
- Texas Wine Country - 2nd Fastest Growing Wine Region Distinctive wines, combined with southern hospitality, have vaulted the Texas Hill Country wine region into the #2 spot on the Orbitz "Fastest-Growing Wine Region" list.
- PEDERNALES CELLARS 2012 Viognier Reserve Wins in France! Prestigious Grand Gold in the Lyon International Wine Competition!
- Congrautulations GRAPE CREEK VINEYARDS! 8 medals at the San Francisco International Wine Competition, AND their Cabernet / syrah was awarded a DOUBLE GOLD - BEST in Class!!!!
- "In a blind taste test judged by 7 professional sommeliers... TEXAS WINES took the top six spots". Pedernales Cellars #1 and #6, Becker Vineyards #3! Read about Texas Food and Texas Wine in Russell Kane's Vintage Texas Blog! And SHARE TEXAS WINE! Prost!
- Congratulations Torre di Pietra! In the Lone Star International Wine Competition the TDP Tango Port won a GOLD, Grandstar, and Best in Varietal!!! What else can you say about the BEST Port in Texas!! Also, Midnight Nymph won a Sliver and Porto Blanco won a Bronze!! And, two TDP labels received awards: Porto Blanco won a gold and Parada won a Silver!!
- Wine Road 290! is an association of Texas Hill Country Wineries and their Vineyards, plus Affiliate Tasting Rooms, in the Fredericksburg AVA, on either side of Fredericksburg, Texas! Enjoy the panoramic beauty and diverse landscape of rolling limestone hills and crystal clear rivers and streams, while exploring our world class wineries, just minutes apart, along US Highway 290! Discover picturesque vineyards, charming tasting rooms, and barrel cellars filled with aging, premium wines that showcase our distinctive Texas terroir. The wine, ambiance and experience at each winery are unique! In addition to the regular Tastings and Weekend Events at each winery, the members of Wine Road 290 team up with the chefs from local restaurants to bring you special Wine and Food Pairing Events. Visit our website for dates, times and details! The Perfect Wine Getaway! See you on the Wine Trail! Salud! www.wineroad290.com
- Congratulations Cabernet Grill! A 2011 Best American Cuisine Winner - Top 100 Restaurants List! "American cuisine has truly come into its own, thanks in part to the chefs and restauranteurs who are elevating our nation's food culture one plate at a time. Out of over 10 million restaurant reviews, OpenTable diners have chosen their Top !00 American Restaurants. This holiday season celebrate the cuisine that makes America's foodies feel there's no place like home." - OpenTable To EXPERIENCE this award winning cuisine paired with your choice of Vino selected from one of the BEST wine lists in the Hill Country....make reservations today at: www.cottonginlodging.com
The HARVEST is done! The grapes are stomped! and, the wine is in the barrel! It's Holiday Season... TEXAS STYLE!
Squeeze close! Make a toast and CELEBRATE together! Ein Prosit!
The Fredericksburg, Texas Wine Country Wineries and Vineyards invite you to EXPERIENCE the beauty of mid-winter magic in the Texas Hill Country!
Wine Enthusiast named the Texas Hill Country USA, #3 on their list of "Top 10 Wine Destinations 2014"! Come help us CELEBRATE!
Have you been DREAMING about a HOLIDAY roadtrip? a WINE BUYING extravaganza? If your holiday shopping list includes THE perfect bottle of Texas Wine for your Christmas Table, or you want to make your Special wine aficianado's eyes sparkle on Christmas morning, grab your BEST FRIEND and DRIVE! A Wine Destination Getaway, in the heart of Texas Wine Country, is just a scenic drive away...
Take an exciting, inspiring, DELICIOUS respite from the ordinary Holiday Shopping Season! Make a fun-run, take a weekend getaway or mid-week runaway... it's the perfect tonic for body, mind and soul!
The Wineries and Tasting rooms along US Hwy 290 have new vintages to share. Many have music, and specialty food on Saturdays and Sundays. WINE and MUSIC = A PARTY! So, get on the line to your favorite traveling companion, and join us! Welcome WINTER! SWIRL! SNIFF! SIP! SAVOR! Drink in the HOLIDAY SEASON... find inspiration on the backroads of Texas! and don't forget to Raise your glass and "Toast a Rising Star, TEXAS WINE! Salut!
Fredericksburg Wine Road 290 Member Wineries:
Becker Vineyards, Chisholm Trail Winery, Fredericksburg Winery, Grape Creek Vineyards, Hilmy Cellars, Hye Meadow Winery, Pedernales Cellars, Rancho Ponte Vineyard, Texas Hills Vineyard, Torre di Pietra Vineyards, William Chris Vineyards, Woodrose Winery, and 4.0 Cellars.
For maps, directions, and details visit: www.wineroad290.com
Texas Hill Country TERROIR STARS... Dan Gaitlin from Inwood Estates Cellars, Kim McPhearson at 4.0 Cellars, Don Pullum, grape grower and winemaker at Sandstone Cellars in Mason, Bob Young and John Riverburgh from Bending Branch Winery, William Chris Vineyards, David and Julie Kuhlken and Fredrik Osterberg from Pedernales Cellar, Paul and Merrill Bonarrigo at Messina Hof Hill Country, Dr and Bunny Becker from Becker Vineyards and Brian and Jennifer Heayh from Grape Creek Vineyards! SALUT!
Experience the BEST of Fredericksburg Texas!
Fredericksburg Texas Online is comprehensive online Guide for TRAVEL and TOURISM in Fredericksburg and the Hill Country of Texas! When planning your next VACATION use our Online Guide as your source for Travel Information: Accommodations, Hotels, Cabins, Resorts, Bed & Breakfasts, Wine, Wine Tours, Enchanted Rock, Restaurants, Shopping, Things to Do, Attractions, Art, Parks, Camping, Scenic Drives, Golf. Discover why Fredericksburg, Tx is a favorite Hill Country Tourist Attraction!
Practice the ART of living! - Texas Hill Country Adventures!
An incredible adventure awaits you! Soon you'll know why Fredericksburg Tx is one of the most popular getaways in Texas! So let us entice you! There's so much to do and see in our historic town! Fredericksburg Tx is nestled in the beautiful Hill Country of Texas; right in the heart of Wine Country, with a vibrant ART and LIVE MUSIC scene that will dazzle and inspire! Let us be your GUIDE to the TEXAS HILL COUNTRY ADVENTURES of your dreams. We take great pride in providing visitors with the TRAVEL INFORMATION necessary to plan a rich and exciting vacation or weekend getaway!
Fredericksburg Texas is famous for its BED and BREAKFASTS! Choose from our list of Hill Country B&B's and know that you will EXPERIENCE some of the finest LODGING that Fredericksburg TX has to offer! A BED and BREAKFAST stay offers the perfect ACCOMMODATIONS for a ROMANTIC GETAWAY, a WEEKEND VACATION, a GIRLS GETAWAY, or a special gathering of friends. BED and BREAKFAST possibilities range from a CABIN by the RIVER to LUXURY ACCOMMODATIONS above the HISTORIC MAIN STREET SHOPPING DISTRICT! There are also plenty of HOTEL options available to suit your personal LODGING needs! Whether you're planning a FAMILY VACATION or a relaxing GET AWAY... it's ALL right here; from RESORTS to CONFERENCE FACILITIES for your CORPORATE EVENT, the Texas Hill Country has just the right HOTEL ACCOMMODATION for your Hill Country adventure! BOOK ONLINE!
Are you traveling in your RV? Not to worry! There are many RV CAMPGROUNDS available in and around Fredericksburg. Whether you're exploring solo, or with your RV CLUB there's just the right RV PARK for your VACATION or EXTENDED STAY!
You could spend a lifetime... there's so much to do and see! There's no place quite like Fredericksburg Tx! Come and DISCOVER the MAGICAL Texas Hill Country! EXPLORE! Amazing historic SHOPPING districts with unique galleries and boutiques. Be inspired by world-class ENTERTAINMENT, acclaimed community THEATER, The Hill Country Film Festival, The Rockbox Theater, offering family friendly live entertainment "celebrating the golden era of Rock 'n' Roll". A huge number of Live MUSIC venues, including three historic Texas Dance Halls, Luckenbach Texas, Albert and SisterCreek Dance Hall. A vibrant and rapidly growing ART scene that has won Fredericksburg the reputation as "An American Art Destination"! An explosion of WINERIES (30 +), WINE TOURS, and tasting rooms that feature Texas Wine and Wine from around the world, SCENIC DRIVES through Awe-Inspiring Natural Beauty, and a rural landscape dotted with notable small Texas towns with lovely, well preserved historic districts. There are plenty of RECREATION and ADVENTURE opportunities, including a large concentration of some of Texas' most popular State Parks, including ENCHANTED ROCK, Old Tunnel State Park (Bat Tunnel), the Blanco River State Park, the Pedernales State Park and the Lyndon B. Johnson State Park and Historic Site. GOLF courses, and a number of beautiful Texas Rivers, the Guadalupe, the Pedernales, the Llano, and the Blanco that welcome nature lovers and outdoorsmen to their pristine waters for TUBING, swimming, canoeing, kyaking and fishing. Go out and PLAY! The wonderful Texas Hill Country is waiting for YOU!
Allow yourself the time to Discover all that the charming and historic town of Fredericksburg, Texas has to offer. Venture into the countryside on incredible scenic drives, take leisurely strolls in the historic district, surrounded by turn-of-the-century architecture, history, heritage and culture. Spend your day Shopping; purusing one-of-a-kind, eclectic shops and art galleries, Museums, Award-Winning Texas Wineries and Tasting Rooms, unwind at a day spa... where a delightful massage will restore your mind, body and soul! There’s so much to do in this idyllic Texas town. At the end of your busy day return to the cozy charm and peaceful surroundings of your bed and breakfast and savor some quality time together, with family, or friends. Or... indulge in a DELIGHTFULLY ROMANTIC evening with your sweetheart, enjoy a revitalizing soak in the hot tub at your b&b, a midnight swim in the hotel pool, or curl up with a good book and a glass of wine in a deliciously comfortable chair! If you'd rather go out on the town, you'll find an impressive variety of nightlife in Fredericksburg; Live Music, Theater, Dance Halls, Festivals and Events, or you can spend a memorable evening walking in the stillness of the night with stars twinkling overhead. You WILL fall in love... with Fredericksburg, Tx and the EXTRAORDINARY Texas Hill Country!
Fredericksburg Tx enjoys a peaceful, rural setting, centrally located in the Hill Country just a short drive from the larger metropolitan areas of San Antonio and Austin. Plan your next Texas Vacation in Fredericksburg, Tx, and it can serve as your hub to EXPLORE the greater Texas Hill Country. After an exciting Day Trip to the hustle and bustle of the Big City, you can return to charming Fredericksburg where the pace is more relaxed and peaceful. Tourist Attractions like the San Antonio River Walk, Sea World San Antonio, Six Flags Fiesta Texas, Schlitterbahn, and Historic Gruene, home of Gruene Hall and the BEST River Trips and Tubing Outfitters in the state of Texas, can be reached within a short and scenic 1.5 hour drive!
History and Heritage
Fredericksburg Tx was founded May 8, 1846 by Baron Otfried Hans von Meusebach, new Commissioner General of the "Society for the Protection of German Immigrants in Texas", also known as the "Noblemen's Society" or Mainzer Adelsverein. The town of Fredericksburg was named in honor of Prince Frederick of Prussia. Baron von Meusebach renounced his noble title and became known in Texas as John O. Meusebach. Fredericksburg is known as the home of "Texas German", a German dialect spoken by the first generations of settlers who did not learn English. The settlers entered into a peace treaty with the Comanche Indians of the region. This treaty has been honored for over a century and a half, making it one of the few treaties with Native Americans that was never broken. Fredericksburg Texas was an important part of the Pro-Union Texas resistance during the Civil War and it shares many cultural characteristics with New Braunfels, another German Texan town. Fredericksburg, Tx is also notable as the birthplace of Admiral Chester Nimitz, Commander-in-Chief of the U.S. Pacific Forces in World War II. The hotel owned by Nimitz's grandfather was converted into a museum, The National Museum of the Pacific War. It is the only institution in the continental United States dedicated to telling the story of the Pacific Theater battles of World War II. The museum is located on a six-acre site, and includes the George Bush Gallery, Admiral Nimitz Museum, Plaza of Presidents, Veterans' Walk of Honor, Japanese Garden of Peace, Pacific Combat Zone, and the Center for Pacific War Studies. The Japanese government gifted the Japanese Garden of Peace, a Zen Garden, to the museum as a tribute to the Nimitz Family.
Experience live World War II enactments at the National Museum of the Pacific War. See our Calendar of Events for other special programs at the museum.
FREDERICKSBURG VISITOR INFORMATION CENTER
Chamber of Commerce / Convention and Visitors Bureau
Visitor Information including: Maps and Brochures
302 East Austin
Hours: Monday through Friday, 8:30am - 5:00pm
Saturdays, 9:00 am to noon, (Closed during lunch hour) 1:00pm - 5:00pm
Sundays, noon to 4:00pm
Fredericksburg, TX 78624
THE VISITOR CENTER AT THE PIONEER MUSEUM
325 W. Main
Fredericksburg, Texas 78624
Hours: Tuesday - Saturday; 10 am - 5 pm
Closed Sunday and Monday
Summer Hours: Museums are open on Sunday & Monday