Memorial Day Weekend in Fredericksburg is fast approaching! This fun-filled 3 day weekend is packed with events and happenings. The iconic Crawfish Festival takes place this weekend, but that’s not all! Read on for a full list of local happenings and our suggestions for making the most of the long weekend.
- The Fredericksburg Farmer’s Market takes place at Marktplatz on Thursday. Get your fill of local produce, live music, snacks, and so much more!
- The Annual Fredericksburg Crawfish Festival kicks off Friday at Marktplatz. This beloved annual event is full of food and fun, and perfect for the whole family! This year, live music, food vendors, live animal exhibits, and plenty of crawfish will take over downtown! Tickets and event times are available on their website.
- The 3rd Annual Memorial Day Weekend Art Fest will be hosted by the Fredericksburg Art Guild. Stop by the gallery, then follow up with a visit to Clear River Ice Cream Co. for locally made ice cream, or the Lone Star Candy Bar for some Fredericksburg fudge!
- The National Museum of The Pacific War presents Pacific Valor at the re-enactment site. From 11am-2:30pm, watch history unfold right here in Fredericksburg. Advance tickets are required.
- Hill Top Cafe will host a Sunday Gospel Brunch, complete with live music. After brunch, stop by one of Fredericksburg’s many orchards or peach stands to pick your own (or pick up) some Texas peaches! Also available this season are strawberries and blackberries. Check out our full list of orchards and stands!
- The National Museum of The Pacific War presents their Memorial Day Commemoration. Join them for a brief patriotic program featuring guest speakers and a ceremony.
- Afterwards, check out the Nimitz Gift Shop, and continue your trip on down Main St! Stop by one of the many local shops and restaurants, and enjoy everything our town has to offer. Have lunch outdoors and enjoy the live music and beautiful weather. You can also take in a tasting or schedule a wine tour!
However you choose to spend the weekend, we recommend spending it in Fredericksburg, the best small town in Texas!