How are you spending Mother’s Day this year? Don’t have plans? Still looking for ideas? We’ve got you covered!
This Mother’s Day, treat the moms in your life to a gift from a small business, a local event, or for out-of-towners, a visit to Fredericksburg! Read on to see our favorite suggestions to make this Mother’s day the most special one yet!
Mother’s Day Weekend Events
Want to hit the town? There’s always plenty of live music to be found in Fredericksburg – from Picker’s Circles to Jazz to local favorites, take a walk down Historic Main St. and follow where your ears lead you! More of the planning ahead type? Here are a few great events perfect for Mom!
- May 13th – A Tribute to Chicago at Rockbox
- May 13th – “Lavender Fields” Art & Vino Painting Class at Yellow Door
- May 13th – Wildflower Women’s 5k & 10k Run
- May 14th – Mother’s Day Brunch at Becker Vineyards
- May 14th – Roses and Rose for Mother’s Day at Pedernales Cellars
Mother’s Day Shopping & Gift Ideas
Want to show your mom some appreciation? Is there someone in your life about to become a mother? Fredericksburg’s famed Downtown shopping district is the perfect place to find gifts for wives, mothers, and expectant parents! Next month we’ll be launching our official EXCLUSIVE Mother’s Day Gift Guide, so be sure to sign up for our mailing list and be the first to get the scoop! In the meantime, here are a few of our favorites.
- Maternity gifts: Fredericksburg Natural Baby & Kids
- For mom and baby: Liebeskind
- Home goods: simple goods + design
- For the fashionista: Hill Country Outfitters
- Accessories: Grasshopper & Wild Honey
- For the dog-mom and her fur-baby: Dogologie
Want a gift that keeps on giving? Give a gift certificate! Our favorites?
- Absolute Charm Reservations – Gift certificates can be purchased online for any amount, are valid for 1 year, and can be used to book ANY of Absolute Charm’s 200+ luxury vacation rentals for any time of year!
- Hill Country Herb Garden – A gift certificate for a massage or spa treatment is the perfect way to show you care. Give the gift of Me-Time!
Mother’s Day Dining & Wine
Is mom a foodie? Does she love a good wine tasting? Here are a few of our favorite Mother’s Day suggestions for groups, couples, and families!
- For Mom and her friends: A wine tour with Absolute Charm Wine Tours! Book a group tour for up to 8, including transportation and private tastings. Feeling adventurous? Book the Safari tour, which includes a stop to feed giraffes! Or, if you’re looking for a one-stop shop for tastings, visit Narrow Path Winery!
- For Mom and Dad: Cocktails and live jazz at 78624: The Bar, then dinner at Sage Lounge!
- For the whole family: Dinner at Rathskeller and a nightcap for the adults in Sage Restaurant Owner’s Lounge!
Whatever your mother or the mothers in your life may prefer, there’s something for everyone this year in Fredericksburg! Follow us on social media to see more tips – and remember to sign up for our mailing list to be the FIRST to receive our exclusive Mother’s Day Shopping Guide!