Bluebonnets, berry picking, peach blossoms, and sunshine. All of those things and more will be returning to the Texas Hill Country this spring, and we have all the tips and tricks for enjoying this beautiful time of year in the heart of Texas.
Want to spend some time outdoors? Here are some of our favorite places:
– Head over to Jenschke Orchards, a family owned and operated orchard that offers Pick-Your-Own strawberries, peaches, and blackberries all throughout the harvest season. Their onsite shop also offers homemade baked goods and treats using the fruit from their very own orchard. Our tip? Try their delicious peach salsa. A local favorite, made with homegrown peaches and plenty of love!
– The Fredericksburg Farmer’s Market is a seasonally recurring event on Thursdays at Fredericksburg’s town square, Marktplatz. Live music, local vendors, agriculture, and sometimes crafts and face painting booths make this event fun and enriching for the whole family! Our tip? Check out the live music schedule on their website and stop by to hear local artists share a song or two while you shop!
– Take a drive out to the iconic Willow City Loop! Just outside of Fredericksburg towards Llano, you’ll find a stunning, scenic landscape blanketed in Texas’ favorite flower, bluebonnets! Creeks, hills, trees, and more flowers than you can count populate this iconic visitor’s spot, making it perfect for a scenic drive! Just remember, these wildflowers are protected by state law, so take only photographs! Our tip? Visit on a weekday! Weekends during bluebonnet season can be crowded and overwhelming, so if you’re looking to experience the peace of nature, plan a weekday drive!
– Visit Wildseed Farms, an iconic, 200 acre family farm dedicated to raising and sharing all varieties of Texas wildflowers. Sunflowers, daisies, bluebonnets, and more can be seen in their beautiful, plentiful flower gardens. Our tip? Check out their onsite winery and gift shop. Whether you’re a horticulturist or a wine lover, they have something you’ll love!
– Fredericksburg Trade Days is another local favorite, offering music, snacks, food trucks, antiques, and more, all from local vendors! Recurring every 3rd Saturday for a full weekend, you won’t be able to miss this special event! Our tip? Check out the events calendar on their website and download a vendor’s map so you can head straight to the booth that suits your fancy!
Had enough sunshine? Seen enough wildflowers to hold you over until next year? Here are a few favorites for indoor fun:
– Stop by Hill Country Herb Garden for lunch and cocktails! Their menu rotates seasonally, and their chef specials are curated using seasonal ingredients. Smoothies, snacks, craft cocktails, and more, all available on their gorgeous, recently renovated property that also features an onsite spa! Our tip? Book a couples massage and order a bottle of wine for the experience!
– You can never go wrong with shopping on Fredericksburg’s Historic Main Street! Apparel, accessories, tasting rooms, bars, candy shops, home goods, the list goes on! There’s even a stationery store offering cards, local tokens, and more. Our pick? Hill Country Outfitters is a unique, locally owned storefront offering outdoor gear and apparel for the whole family!